1. RESPONSIBILITY FOR USE. At all times, you agree to conduct your activities on the Site in a professional, responsible, and business-like manner and in accordance with this TOU. Violation of this TOU may breach your terms of employment with Volunteers of America and may entitle Volunteers of America to additional legal remedies.
2. RIGHT TO USE. the Site is provided by Volunteers of America as a resource for its employees. Access to and use of the Site is therefore limited to business-related research, communications, and other activities. You may print and download materials and information from this Site solely in connection with your employment responsibilities and the business of Volunteers of America, provided that all hard copies contain all copyright and other applicable notices contained in such materials and information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not modify, distribute, publish, remove or alter any proprietary notices or labels, transfer, exploit, or otherwise use in any manner not expressly permitted herein.
3. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, sounds, artwork, computer code (including html code), programs, software, products, information, and documentation as well as the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel,” and arrangement of any content contained on or available through the Site, unless otherwise indicated, are owned, controlled, and licensed by Volunteers of America and are protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright, trade secret, patent, and trademark law, as well as other state, national, and international laws and regulations. Except as expressly provided herein, Volunteers of America does not grant any express or implied right to you or any other person under any intellectual or proprietary rights. This Site is Copyright © 2022 Volunteers of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Volunteers of America, Inc. also owns a copyright in the contents of the Site as collective work and/or compilation and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of the content of this Site. Any downloadable or printable programs, information, or materials available through this Site and all copyrights, trade secrets, and know-how related thereto, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by Volunteers of America. The Site, Volunteers of America and all other names, logos, and icons identifying Volunteers of America and its programs, products, and services are proprietary trademarks of Volunteers of America, and any use of such marks without the express written permission of Volunteers of America is strictly prohibited.
4. ENFORCING SECURITY. You should be aware that the Site is a resource of Volunteers of America. You therefore have no proprietary interest and no reasonable expectation of privacy while using the Site. Volunteers of America considers electronic transmissions and communications made through the Site as Volunteers of America’s own records, and Volunteers of America may therefore obtain access to, intercept, disclose, and review those transmissions at any time. Moreover, actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Site may violate Volunteers of America’s employment policies and result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. Volunteers of America also reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Site without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on the Site. Volunteers of America will also comply with all court orders involving requests for such information. In addition to the foregoing, Volunteers of America reserves the right to at any time, and without notice, to modify, suspend, terminate, or interrupt operation of or access to the Site, or any portion of the Site, for any reason.
5. POSTINGS. This Site may contain message boards, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and other interactive features or other communication forums (collectively, “Forums”) where Users can share knowledge and post other helpful or meaningful information. By submitting content or information of any type (a “Posting”) to a Forum or by otherwise using the Site to transmit or display a Posting, you automatically grant Volunteers of America a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, perform, and display such content or information (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate into other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content or information. You also acknowledge that such submissions are non-confidential for all purposes. Moreover, you agree that by using the Site you will not post or transmit any of the following materials on the Site’s Forums:
anything, which interferes with or disrupts the Site or the operation thereof;
statements or material that defames, harasses, abuses, stalks, threatens, or in any way infringes on the rights of others;
unauthorized copyrighted materials or any other material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, trade secrets, or privacy of another;
statements or material that violates other contractual or fiduciary rights, duties, or agreements;
statements or material that encourages criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law or regulation in any jurisdiction;
statements or material that contains vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable language or images that typically would not be considered socially or professionally responsible or appropriate in person;
statements or material that impersonates any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including employees and representatives of Volunteers of America;
anything that violates the privacy or publicity rights of any other person;
statements or material that constitutes junk mail, spam, or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials; and
files that contain malicious code, viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, network, or this Site.
Volunteers of America reserves the right to delete or take other action with respect to Postings (or parts thereof) that Volunteers of America believes in good faith violate this TOU and/or are potentially unlawful. If you violate this TOU, Volunteers of America may, in its sole discretion, delete the unacceptable content from your Posting, remove or delete the Posting in its entirety, issue you a warning, and/or terminate your use of the Site.
6. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. Volunteers of America may provide links, in its sole discretion, to other sites on the World Wide Web for your convenience in locating related information, products, and services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by Volunteers of America and are maintained by third parties over which Volunteers of America exercises no control. Accordingly, Volunteers of America expressly disclaims any responsibility for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third party web sites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any web site or the products or services provided by any third party.
7. DISCLAIMER. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES. MOREOVER, VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICAN MAY MAKE MODIFICATIONS AND/OR CHANGES TO THE SITE OR IN THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PROGRAMS, PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON. VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILTY, LEGALITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PROGRAMS, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES, PROGRAMS, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
9. GOVERNING LAW. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the Commonwealth of Virginia. A printed version of this TOU and of any related notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this TOU to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
11. CONTACT INFORMATION. If you have questions regarding this TOU and/or the Site, please contact email@example.com.